I Wish You Love __HOT__
Alternatively, there are a couple of wintry songs from Loudon Wainwright III and Everything But The Girl in our audio special rounding up the best live performances from my various shows over the years - plus many non-wintry songs from Liza Minnelli, Paul Simon and others. In the course of the show, I mention that my friend Monique Fauteux sang with Charles Trenet, and I credit him as the writer of "La Mer" (famous in English as Bobby Darin's "Beyond the Sea") and "Boum!" (memorably deployed by Bond's nemesis in Skyfall). But this week's Song of the Week is another Trenet song, a lovely ballad. It's celebrating its 75th anniversary, and it has an additional significance, in English, as the signature song of Keely Smith, who left us just before Christmas.
I Wish You Love
One of the others, Frank Sinatra, liked to turn up at the Sahara late at night after his own shows and catch the duo. He loved Prima for the laughs, and he loved Keely, period. In the entirety of that golden decade at Capitol Records, Frank released only one single with a female vocalist (I discount "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?", with Celeste Holm, which was a mere B-side to Bing and Grace Kelly, and anyway was simply lifted from a movie soundtrack). And this lone double-duet wasn't with old pals like Doris Day, Dinah Shore, Rosie Clooney, but with Keely. It got to Number 22 in 1958 and it's a brace of Cahn & Van Heusen songs, "Nothing In Common", which is fine, and "How Are Ya Fixed For Love?", which is irresistible:
It's a masterclass in duet chemistry, and incomparably superior to all those pseudo-duets Frank did four decades later with Bono, Julio, Aretha et al. Five years on, Sinatra was running his own record company and brought all his pals to the label for an ambitious project called the Reprise Repertory Theatre - ie, how a Broadway cast album might sound if Nelson Riddle or Billy May were in the pit. For South Pacific, Frank gave "(I'm in love with) A Wonderful Guy" to Keely Smith, which years ago Sammy Cahn told me was an intentional jest on Sinatra's part: Keely was raised in the south and was one of the first vocalists to sign southern. Indeed, she was famous for her inability or disinclination to sing the long vowel "i", which this song is nothing but: "Ah'm in love with a wonderful gaah... Haah as a kaaht on the Fourth of Julaah." But it's not without its appeal, and their "Twin Soliloquies" on the same album is wonderful. She and Sinatra capped that on the Kiss Me, Kate set with a sumptuous but intense take on "So In Love".
That was one of four great albums she made this century: a Sinatra set, a Basie set, a Louis'n'Keely set, and a great live CD. She kept her voice almost to the end (and that distinctive hairdo, too), and, if she was playing anywhere nearby and you passed up the chance to see her, you missed a treat. But, as much as I love those latter tracks, we can't not note her theme song - the walk-on music for live appearances and played at a stately national-anthem tempo to open the Count Basie and Sinatra sets.
"Bonheur fané" and "baisers volés" are boilerplate ("faded happiness" and "stolen kisses") but "cheveux au vent" - windblown hair - is an image to treasure, at least for anyone who's ever sat across a sidewalk table and watched a lover brush away stray strands from her cheek. Nevertheless, Albert Beach (who with a name like that really should have done the English lyric to "La Mer") has his moments:
I'm not sure what it does for "a really pretty French song", but Frank meant it. Indeed, in a sense, he and Keely lived "I Wish You Love" - "never lovers" (well, almost never) but "ever friends". And in Palm Springs in 1975, when Miss Smith was married for the third and final time (to a singer called Bobby Milano), it was Sinatra who gave away the bride:
In this post, we share with you a list of cute good night messages you can use to make her feel loved and appreciated. Although these messages might seem a bit cheesy, they can still make her heart flutter and melt.
1. Happy Birthday to a special person who is bringing so much joy to my heart. I am thankful for every moment we spend together, and I wish our happiness never ends.2. May this day be as sunny as your smile and as beautiful as you are. You shine every day, but on this day, you will shine the brightest. Happy Birthday.3. I have never met a person who is as sweet as you are. On this day, we celebrate your sweetness by eating a sweet cake and drinking some sweet wine.4. You make my life worth living. You bring smiles to my face, and your touch shows me how much you love me and care for me. You are my friend and my lover. Happy Birthday.5. I hope your Birthday is as beautiful and full of love as you are. You deserve only the best, and I wish that for you. Best wishes, my love.
1. Happy Birthday to my dearest friend and lover. Thank you for bringing happiness into my life. I love you with all my heart, and my feelings for you grow stronger every day.2. I am the luckiest person on Earth because I have the most wonderful person by my side. Thank you for being my rock, Happy Birthday, my sweet pie.3. It is easy to fall in love with you. And staying in love with you is even easier. I love celebrating birthdays with you, and I am looking forward to celebrating another one next year. Happy Birthday my all.4. I am happy that you choose to share your special day with me. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You are my sweetheart, and I will always love you.5. Words are not enough to express my feelings for you. But my hug will help you understand how much I love you. My wish for you is to stay happy and cheerful always. Have the best Birthday.
6. Happy Birthday my angel. I wish I could write across the sky so that everyone could see it. But instead, I will kiss you and hug you so that you know you are truly loved.7. No fat, no cholesterol, and no addiction. This message is all-natural except for the honey. But it can never be as sweet as you. Happy Birthday, sweetheart.8. There is never a day that I will not think of you. I am captivated by your love, and I am thankful you chose me to be by your side. I love you, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.9. Loving you is a privilege. But being loved by you is a blessing. Being with you is a wish come true, and I hope all your wishes come true on this special day.10. There is no need for a special day to remind me how special you are and how important you are in my life. The stars shine wherever you go. Happy Birthday my all.
1. May life bring you everything you are dreaming about. Congratulations on your Birthday, and have a blast on this day.2. The moon and the stars are not enough to express my love for you. Have a wonderful birthday.
1. Download PDFelement and visit the Templates Mall.2. Free download or buy your favorite birthday card pdf file for your lover.3. Edit the birthday card using PDFelement.4. Click "File" > "Print" to print the card.5. Or share the card to your Google Drive, Dropbox, Wondershare Cloud, One Drive or more.
The cottage scene could be, instead of asking the eldest to move (again), ask the other brothers to sit on the floor or grab other seats available. The act would make him feel that you care abt him (even though he refused to do what you ask). little acts like this would slowly mend his heart, and when he feels more secured in your love, he would open up to listen to your words. Dont lose him, he just feels abandoned. Show him that he is your first priority, hopefully your r/ship will show changes.
In my view, at our teenage years we distance ourselves from our parents. Not cause we don't love you, it's just that parents don't seem to understand us. I'm sure all of you know about Puberty changing teenagers mental priorities.
Please help. Over the last two weeks my 7 year old daughter has started saying these phrases at every given opportunity, "I was going to say I wish grandad was dead but I don't, I was going to say you're fat but you're not, I was going to say I hate you but I don't, I was going to say dinners disgusting but it's not". This is all day, every day and I'm at my wits end. The last straw was last night when we were having dinner and she looked at me and said "I was going to say you're a pig but you're not". I've tried ignoring it, telling her that it's a shame she feels like like, but a couple of times ive exploded and sent her to her room or shouted at her. I feel like I'm being verbally tortured ?
However, I am not rich, I am trying my best...and I do mean best to show him what am amazing young man he is, and give him the unconditional love, inspiration, self-building skills, and teach him responsibilities, and to never let ANYONE tell him he CAN'T OR IS NOT WORTHY of doing something.
I'm Jonathan, a kid from the city. I usually cuss when I get mad and my mom hates her children cussing. I'm 14 and NO one has tried to help me with anything so most of the time I feel like a lost cause. She always compares me to my sister (16 and a lot better at everything.) I am never in a good mood at my house. Unless im with my dad, which he and I have a great relationship. Recently I thought my mom was out of the house and I just found out that I was banned from a game that cost a lot of money and I loved playing with my friends over Skype for fun. I was really mad because I just started getting good at it and now ill have to rebuy the game (because this is how the game is setup. you can't just make another account. Stupid right?) I don't want to buy the game again. Then at this time my mom starts spamming my phone with texts saying "what are you doing?" over and over and over again. And it's on my glass desk on vibrate which honestly gets really annoying. And she keeps on texting me so I get mad because im stressed that i have to buy the game again and now i have to deal with my mom. So I stupidly start spewing out words like "shut the f*** up you b****" Again. I take responsibility for what i said and i know it was wrong saying those words, but I said them and my mom was supposed to be at work this morning but instead she got called off and was laying in bed texting me, rather than getting up and just asking me. so she hears me talk all this trash and she comes in almost crying saying "wow. all those words were directed towards me? thats very hurtful son. very hurtful." and Yeah i get it. It wasn't my place to say that but again, I was pissed. I already apologized but she didn't accept it. What do I do? She hates me. Also everything from number 5 she does when shes mad, and controls what i do with guilt trips and uses her parental power that she has over me to clean up her mess and what shes too lazy to do. My dad and my mom are divorcing but i cant stay with my dad because he hardly makes enough to help pay rent, and he works from 3-2:30 monday-friday, making it impossible for me to live with him and go to school. Just to give you a little background on what is happening in my life so you can at least give me ideas on what to do. 041b061a72